Thursday, October 21, 2010

@ the Hearing for my Disability Case

When being questioned by an Administrative Law Judge, there is a right way and a wrong way to answer a question.  


If the Judge asks,"Why are you unable to work?" There are several correct answers.  
1. Because I am Disabled
2. I suffer from X, Y, and Z and I am unable to work
3. I suffer from X, Y and  Z.  When I wake up I am in extreme amounts of pain, often I have to lay back down for an extra hour before I try to get out of bed again.  I often do not sleep well and therefore I wake up at odd hours every morning.  The medication I take makes me very tired, and I barely have any energy to care for myself. Sometimes I even forget to take my medications.  Lately, I have a difficult time remembering what day it is.




The above answers were all correct.  However, it should be abundantly clear that #3 answers the question the best.  Please note, there is a lot more that should be addressed when answering this question.  Hopefully though, this example will give you a little more clarity regarding how an Administrative Law Judge would like you to answer.


If you would like to discuss your case, please vist www.berkleylaw.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment